YIELD: NY coming up!

I’m very excited to be heading to New York for the first time on the 31st of August. Chris Jackson and me are going thanks to the Textile Arts Center (TAC) to install and open YIELD: Making Fashion Without Making Waste. It opens to the public on the 10th of September and runs until the 2nd of December so if you are in the NY area head to Brooklyn for some zero waste style! There are also two workshops – Timo Rissanen (co-curator and zero waste extraordinaire) and me are running one the weekend of the 10/11th sept and Timo is running another in November at the TAC incase you miss the one in September.  I’m also heading to Kent State University in Ohio for a few days to speak with students there about my work that’s in Sustainable Fashion: Exploring the Paradox curated by Noel Palomo-Lovinski, I can’t wait!

About these ads

6 responses

1. Congratulations and best wishes for the exhibition. Any chance of a Sydney show of this kind?

August 25, 2011 at 7:25 am

• If there was a sydney gallery interested we definitely could, the exhibition is designed to travel easily. My work might be in an exhibition next year in Sydney either way – keep an eye out.

August 25, 2011 at 10:10 am

2. Thanks Holly. Will definitely look out for it.

August 25, 2011 at 11:38 am

3. When are you going to Kent State, if you haven’t already? I would love to go to that!

September 16, 2011 at 5:07 pm

• Hi
      I was there only for about 18 hours on tuesday evening – so you missed it! Sorry.

September 16, 2011 at 5:20 pm

4. Oh man, I’m bummed! It is a very inspiring exhibit. I am a graduate from there and have been interested in your work..I’m actually hoping to go to New Zealand because of the sustainable fashion so maybe I will see your exhibit there.

September 16, 2011 at 5:47 pm